A space allows users to organize assets and collaborate with others on projects and notebooks in a virtual workspace. This section describes how to set permissions & visibility options for spaces.
Space access can be assigned to users in the following roles:
- Viewer: users who can view the space and nested objects.
- Contributor: collaborators who have edit access to the space and can perform any operation except to delete the space.
- Owner: the user who owns the space and the only user who can delete or rename the space.
List space contents
Create projects in space
Change space access & visibility
Edit space name & description
See or use space-level resources
Visibility settings control who can see a space and its contents. On dedicated clusters, space-level Contributors & Owners can manage these options from the Share menu:
- Private: accessible only by specified users.
- Open: accessible by all users in the organization.
Spaces on multi-tenant clusters are set to private and this cannot be changed.
The visibility setting at the space-level will become the default visibility for objects created in the space unless overridden by explicit permissions.